Your home is more than just a house. Not only is it likely to be your most valuable asset, it’s where you and your family live out the dreams of a lifetime. When your home is damaged or destroyed, or the contents that have taken a lifetime to acquire are stolen, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands this simple fact.
You want to make certain you have the top-of-the-line protection the right insurance policy can provide you. But insurance policies and companies vary widely and finding the right one can be confusing. Trident Insurance Agency will help you determine which of our companies best meets your needs and objectives, while providing the optimal combination of coverages, quality service, and competitive pricing.
Homeowners insurance covers damage from incidents such as fire, theft, and vandalism to your house, adjacent structures (like a garage or shed), and your personal belongings. It covers living expenses if your house becomes temporarily unusable, and provides liability protection in case you or a member of your household injures someone or damages their property.
It is important to note that all homeowner insurance policies are subject to specific exclusions and definitions. Homeowners policies do not include damage caused by flood waters. Most items have stated coverage limits for covered perils like theft or fire, and some items (such as jewelry) may need to be insured individually to provide protection.
Some of the specific features that may be included in your homeowners policy are:
- Extended guaranteed replacement cost of the dwelling
- Ordinance and Law coverage
- Replacement cost of personal property/contents
- Increased limits for valuable articles
- Increased limits for backup of sewers and drains and sump-pump failure
- Increased limits for loss of use
- “All-risk” contents coverage (versus named perils)
- “All-risk” dwelling coverage
- Increased personal and excess liability limits